Installation instructions for the "Wee Vee"™
NOTE: Installation may scratch your motor housing.
- Sheet metal cutter or tin snips - To trim stainless steel worm drive clamp.
- Standard slotted screwdriver or 5/16" nut driver - Do not use ratchet with socket, or power drill because you can over tighten and strip worm gear clamp.
- Disconnect power to trolling motor before starting this installation.
- Lightly clean motor housing.
- Slide one clamp over trolling motor housing. The worm gear (Screw) on this clamp can be positioned on top or bottom of the trolling motor.
- Position rear lip of "Wee Vee"™ inside clamp and align the guard so it will protect the transducer but will not interfere with its signal.
- Use a screwdriver and lightly tighten clamp to hold "Wee Vee"™ guard to motor housing. On 4 inch diameter motors the guard will "snap" into position by lightly tapping with rubber mallet.
- Slide second clamp over motor housing an front lip of "Wee Vee"™ guard.. The worm gear screw on this clamp must be positioned on top of the motor housing. Lightly tighten with screwdriver. ***Note On the 12volt and Wee Vee wide guard's, the front band goes threw the guard.
- Align the "Wee Vee"™ guard with the bottom of the transducer and tighten both clamps. Do not over tighten.
- Trim the excess clamp bands with sheet metal cutters or tin snips.
The U part of the guard is a thinner gauge metal then the guard itself, The reason for this is the guard is designed to fit any diameter motor. The U part of the guard will open or close to the diameter of your motor just by tightening the clamps.